*******************                 ********************

MAES FAMILY v. BARRY PALKA, WESTERN WARNER OILS LTD., ET AL was a 2016-22 Manitoba, Canada court case which involved an investment controversy between multiple Jehovah's Witnesses, which dates back to the mid 1990s. This opinion identifies defendant "Barry" Palka as a Jehovah's Witness Elder, and the entire Maes Family of plaintiffs as Jehovah's Witnesses. Other participants not identified as Jehovah's Witnesses by this judge are also believed to be Jehovah's Witnesses, including Tom Krynski and Trevor Markevich, owner of Mannington Custom Homes, who is believed to be a prominent Jehovah's Witness Elder. The following facts excerpted from the court opinion are intended to whet readers' appetite to read the entire decision, and are not intended as a thorough analysis of this multi-decades controversy:

Western Warner Oils Ltd. was a publicly traded company primarily engaged in the business of oil and gas exploration and production in Alberta. Throughout the time with which this litigation is concerned, Donald Benson was its controlling shareholder and principal executive. By 1994, Western Warner Oils was struggling. The Alberta Securities Commission had delisted its shares and issued a cease trade order against it. Don Benson saw potential in Western Warner Oils and developed an ambitious, three-part plan to revive its fortunes.

First, Don Benson would raise capital through the sale of shares and convertible debentures in Western Warner Oils and its parent company, Nordic Management.  Those sales would be made to a small group of private investors in Manitoba. Don Benson believed such sales of securities could be made in Manitoba without issuing a prospectus because they fell within certain trading exemptions for, in his words, "family, friends and business associates". Next, the capital raised by the sale of shares and debentures would be used to acquire the assets of Jofco Resources, a bankrupt oil and gas company in Alberta. That acquisition would require the approval of the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench. Upon obtaining the court's approval Western Warner Oils would put Jofco Resources's dormant oil wells and equipment back into service. Finally, Don Benson would take whatever steps might be necessary to cause the Alberta Securities Commission to lift the cease trade order that had been issued against Western Warner Oils and relist its shares on the Alberta Stock Exchange.

In the early 1990s, Barry Palka owned a Winnipeg health food store. Donald Benson was one of Barry Palka's suppliers. Donald Benson invited Barry Palka to join him with regard to Western Warner Oils' operations. Benson and Palka then set about to find other investors. In Fall 1995, "Barry" Palka talked about this venture to some hockey players in the locker room at his regular pick-up game. Gordon Maes, Barry Palka's friend and fellow player, overheard one of these locker room conversations. Intrigued, Maes and another player, Thomas Krynski, followed up with Barry Palka to get more information. These discussions eventually led Barry Palka to introduce Gordon Maes to Donald Benson. At trial, all three agreed that they had discussed Gordon Maes' potential investment in the project and his possible employment by Western Warner Oils, in Alberta.

By a subscription agreement dated December 15, 1995, Gordon Maes paid $7,000.00 to Western Warner Oils for a convertible debenture. Gordon Maes invested $12,000.00 more by a share purchase agreement with Nordic Management Ltd. dated January 31, 1996, in return for which he received 100,000 Class A common shares of Western Warner Oils. Gordon Maes' final investment of $5,000.00 was made by a subscription agreement with Western Warner Oils dated February 29, 1996, in return for which he received another convertible debenture.

Norman Maes soon followed his brother Gordon Maes as an investor in Western Warner Oils. Although he was acquainted with Barry Palka as a friend and fellow Jehovah's Witness, Norman Maes first learned of Western Warner Oil from Tom Krynski. Norman Maes met twice with Barry Palka in Maes' car following meetings at their local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. One meeting lasted approximately 45 minutes, and the other approximately 60 minutes.

Norman Maes decided to invest in Western Warner Oils, and this led to three separate agreements. First came a share purchase agreement dated January 16, 1996, by which Norman Maes paid Nordic Management $6,000.00 for 60 of its Class B shares. A second share purchase agreement dated January 24, 1996, involved an investment of $3,000.00 in return for 30 more Class B shares. Norman Maes' final investment of $6,000.00 was made by a subscription agreement with Western Warner Oils, dated February 29, 1996, in return for which he received a convertible debenture.

In January 1996, two more members of the Maes family joined as investors -- mother Loreen Maes and sister Kathern Maes. Loreen Maes paid $4,000.00, and Kathern Maes paid $1,000.00 for shares in Nordic Management. There were many other investors in this venture aside from the Maeses, as evidenced by Nordic Management's share registry dated May 31, 1996, and debenture registry dated July 16, 1996.

There was no dispute that the money raised by Western Warner Oils and Nordic Management was used for its intended purpose. Western Warner Oils did acquire all of the shares of Jofco Resources in June 1996, and some of the assets of Jofco Resources were put to use by Western Warner Oil. However, the shares of Western Warner Oils were never relisted on the Alberta Stock Exchange, nor was the cease trade order ever lifted by the Alberta Securities Commission.

In January 1996, Gordon Maes moved from Manitoba to Red Deer, Alberta, to work for Western Warner Oils, despite having no prior experience in the oil and gas industry.  This did not go well, and Gordon Maes became very disillusioned with his new position. In Fall 1996, Gordon Maes resigned. Gordon Maes' resignation letter admits that he himself had introduced additional investors to the company.

According to Donald Benson and Barry Palka, Western Warner Oils did enjoy a briefly profitable period in the mid-to late 1990s. That ended during a severe downturn in the oil industry in about 1998. That same downturn brought Barry Palka's employment with the company to an end. The Maes Family never received any return on their investment. By letter dated January 17, 2011, addressed to Donald Benson, the Maes demanded repayment of their original investment plus interest. Don Benson, writing on behalf of Western Warner Oils, rejected that demand by letter dated February 3, 2011. Five years later, in 2016, the plaintiffs commenced this law suit. 

The Maes Family's rejected allegations are found in the court's decision. Other possible Jehovah's Witnesses who testified at this trial included Trevor Markevich, who was identifed as "a longtime friend" of Barry Palka, Steven (Keith?) Peterson, another "longtime friend" of Barry Palka, and Barry Palka's brother-in-law, David Berg.

*************************                           ************************



TIPSTER relates that he associated only briefly with a congregation where elderly William "Bill" Bartlett" and his 25-years younger second wife, Janet Bartlett, were an Elder/Elderette couple. While socializing with the Bartletts, TIPSTER quickly learned that "William Bartlett" and his two wives had repeatedly moved from Congregation to Congregation ALL OVER THE UNITED STATES. Readers who know and understand the culture of the WatchTower Cult are now saying, "You don't have to say any more."

Bill Bartlett claimed to have been reared in southern California, and claimed to have been a "pioneer" in ocean surfing. William Bartlett further claimed to have been living in Honolulu at the time of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in November 1941. Bartlett claimed to have moved to Hawaii during the 1930s just so that he could surf with those whom he considered to be his "peers". Bartlett claimed to have known and been friends with most of the semi-famous surfers in Hawaii and California during the 1930s-50s.

Soon after making William Bartlett's acquaitance, TIPSTER came to understand that Bill Bartlett was an even BIGGER KNOW-IT-ALL about anything and everything having to do with the topics of "medical" or "health" than Bartless was regarding every other topic on planet earth. Early on, TIPSTER challenged Bartlett on one of his regularly ludicrous statements about something "medical". Bartlett assured TIPSTER that he was absolutely correct, because he had learned such from his wife, Janet Bartlett, whom for decades had worked as a "nurse". William Bartlett regularly talked about Janet Bartlett's expertise as if she were trained and experienced as far more than just the typical "RN". TIPSTER assumed that Janet Bartlett had worked as an ER Nurse, surgical nurse, or similar. One day TIPSTER made a comment to one of the other Elders that included a remark about Janet Bartlett being a "Registered Nurse". The Elder corrected TIPSTER and informed him that Janet Bartlett was NOT a "RN" as far as he knew. TIPSTER replied, "You mean to tell me she is only a LPN." Elder responded, "No, not even an LPN." "Well, what kind of nurse is she then?" Elder: "The kind that only empties bedpans."

Even before TIPSTER knew Bill and Janet Bartlett, TIPSTER had visited various Kingdom Halls located in southern Utah -- St. George, Cedar City, Hurricane, Kanab, Blanding, Monticello, Moab, Green River, etc. Without Bill Bartlett knowing such, one day during one of Bartlett's boasting sessions, Bartlett informed TIPSTER that he had "opened up" southern Utah as a "Special Pioneer" for the WatchTower Society, and formed several congregations there -- pretty much describing himself as a "legend" in the congregations of southern Utah. TIPSTER decided against telling Bill Bartlett about TIPSTER's own connection with that area -- particularly because TIPSTER was then in the process of planning another trip to that area, and TIPSTER was afraid the Bartletts would invite themselves along on the trip. (Bill Bartlett took the WatchTower Society's teaching that Elders were "Princes" quite literally. In fact, Bill Bartlett regularly conducted himself as "THE PRINCE among princes".) Months later, when TIPSTER finally made it to Utah, the first thing that TIPSTER did was seek out an Elder who was a native of southern Utah, so that TIPSTER could inform that Elder that TIPSTER now attended the congregation where now lived the "Legends" -- Bill and Janet Bartlett. CRICKETTS!!! Not only did that native Utah Elder not know Bill and Janet Bartlett, but he had not even heard of them. That Elder even quizzed others in the congregation. NOONE had even heard of the Bartletts. TIPSTER never found a single JW in southern Utah who had heard of the Bartletts, much less knew them.

TIPSTER promises several more stories as soon as he has time to report such.


MISSOURI v. DALE MITCHELL was a 1999-2000 Missouri state criminal prosecution. In January 1999, David Guthrie, then age 30, of Rombauer, Missouri, was arrested inside the East Side Car Wash, in Popular Bluff, Missouri, after he attempted to burglarize the business, but instead, trapped himself inside. Dave Guthrie proceeded to attempt to cut a deal with police by implicating as his accomplice, Dale Mitchell, then age 46, owner of Mitchell's Plumbing, in Broseley, Missouri. Guthrie revealed that Mitchell used his business activities as a plumber to "case" prospective burglary targets, and sometimes even acted as Guthrie's "lookout". Guthrie alleged that the Duo had burglarized approximately a dozen businesses and residences. In February 2000, Dale Mitchell cut a deal with the local prosecutor to plead guilty to MISSOURI v. TOM DAYWALT (1987) counts of felony burglary, and is believed to have been sentenced to a short jail term. It is publicly alleged that Dale Mitchell was a "Jehovah's Witness Elder" (Minister) at that time. David Guthrie's likely then-connection to the JWs is unknown.


Two Jehovah's Witness Contractors were hired to perform work at a small manufacturing company. A couple weeks or so after the job was completed, one of the two JWs "returned" several tools belonging to the customer, which the other JW had supposedly "mistakenly" placed in his own toolbox. Business Owner did not buy the explanation for several reasons, including the fact that the JW who supposedly picked up the tools by mistake was not the one who returned such; the tools taken were not the type tools used for the work which the JWs performed; and the tools had been stored near where the JWs were working, but not in exact same area.


A Contracting firm reports that a Jehovah's Witness Employee was caught stealing salvaged materials from that employer, and was used by that JW Employee to remodel his own home. Employer simply made the JW Employee reimburse the value of the stolen materials.


A JW Employee at a small Jehovah's Witness owned and operated appliance repair business, whose clientele was mainly the elderly and other low/fixed income persons who could not afford to purchase new appliances, struggled with his conscience after years of hearing his JW co-workers coyly related with a smile how, "Jehovah always provides", whenever the JW Repairmen had extra personal expenses pop up, such as having to travel out-of-town to give the public talk at another congregation, or attend a WatchTower convention. By the day such expenses were needed, these JW Repairmen always had "miraculously" somehow managed to encounter the exact amount of repairs that day or that week needed to pay their extra bills. Employee related one particularly bothersome incident that occurred one Friday afternoon when one of his JW co-workers came back to the shop and announced without embarrassment that he had been forced to charge an elderly female customer for a service that was included in the flat service fee, so that he would have enough money to attend the out-of-town JW Circuit Assembly that weekend. "Jehovah had provided."


A Jehovah's Witness Female who worked as a restaurant "server" was fired when the employer allegedly caught the JW stealing tips. The specifics are unclear, but the presumably more-honest Jehovah's Witness server had apparently been assigned to divide up the restaurant's tips amongst the various employees at the end of each shift. At some point, the JW's co-workers became suspicious that the JW was taking more than their share. The JW was interrogated by the manager, who thereafter decided the co-workers were correct. Manager was sufficiently certain to make the termination. JW Female maintained that a mistake might have occurred, but if such did happen, such was unintentional. Employer heard nothing more from JW after her termination.


"THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE!!!" - "THE NEW PHONE BOOKS ARE HERE!!!" No, that's not Steve Martin's famous line from his 1970s movie, "The Jerk". That was what I used to repeatedly hear cronically unemployed Jehovah's Witness Pioneers announcing every year at the Kingdom Hall that I attended back in the 1990s. From what I recall of their annual excite-fest, once a year the local telephone company, plus the company that distributes the knock-off telephone book, hire people to deliver the new phonebooks to businesses and residences. I always assumed that meant that EVERY business and residence received two telephone books, in a plastic bag, dumped out onto their driveway or walkway.

However, according to a former Jehovah's Witness who actually used to work for the telephone company during these annual projects, things are a little more sophisticated than I had assumed. Posting on a public discussion board, that XJW stated that the delivery people were given a computer printout which listed all the homes and businesses in their delivery territory. That computer printout supposedly listed every home and/or business on each street, the names of the owners or tenants, the address, and their TELEPHONE NUMBER -- EVEN IF IT WAS "UNLISTED". The poster confessed that he used to make a photocopy of that computer printout before he turned it back into the telephone company each year. The telephone company's confidential information was then used by the local Jehovah's Witnesses in their recruitment activities -- telephoning, mailing, etc.

Since posting the above several years ago, we have received confirmations from several other persons across the United States indicating that other Jehovah's Witnesses have repeatedly photocopied these same and other similar confidential mega-listings of Employer's clients. We even received a note from one foreign country stating that a similar employer's mega-listing of clients was photocopied annually for use in field service by local JWs.


NEW JERSEY v. THEODORE LAMBERT APPLEGATE SR. was a 1980-81 New Jersey criminal prosecution for gaming cheating of Theodore L. Applegate, then age 51, a prosperous construction contractor then living in Manasquan, New Jersey. In September 1980, Theodore Applegate was arrested at Resorts International Casino Hotel for cheating at slot machines. In October 1980, Ted Applegate pled guilty to swindling and cheating at gaming, and was only fined. In December 1981, Theodore Lambert Applegate was placed on the State of New Jersey's Casino Control Commission's list of persons excluded from entering a NJ casino. Teddy Applegate retired in 1985 to a North Carolina coastal resort area to play golf and preach the WatchTower Cult gospel at the Southport, North Carolina Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses to other prosperous snowbirds.


ROBERT WESLEY DAVIS v. UNITED STATES was a 1968 Mississippi federal appellate court decision. A Jehovah's Witness, named Robert Wesley Davis, was convicted on draft evasion charges after failing to report for his second assignment of "civilian work contributing to the maintenance of the national health, safety and interest as ordered by the local board", at Rush Foundation Hospital. But, this webpage is about "JW honesty" not "JW draft dodgers". The reason that Robert Davis was assigned to a second hospital is because at his first assignment, at Mississippi State Hospital, Davis had allowed a "patient" to "escape" in exchange for a $50.00 bribe.


NEED INFO FROM READERS ON LONG ISLAND!!! An anonymous tipster is alleging the possibility that the wealthy Family of "Educational Consultants" mentioned in this LINKED ONLINE BOOK CHAPTER is a prominent Family of Jehovah's Witnesses living in the Greater New York City area, plus that the former President and Owner of the now closedmulti-state HENDRIKS INSTITUTE mentioned in this book, whom has been described by one newspaper reporter essentially as a "political consultant" -- ROBERT JOHN HENDRIKS a/k/a ROBERT J. HENDRIKS -- is the same ROBERT HENDRIKS who is currently one of the GREATER NYC SPOKESPERSONS for the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY. Please deny or confirm with additional details. (Please note at the bottom of the linked BOOK webpage that the book's author discloses that his book's character "Dave Hendriks" is a composite character used to portray his various interactions with one or more Hendriks family members. That author alleges that he was never paid $2000.00 for his services as a teacher at the the main Long Island location of HENDRIKS INSTITUTE, and that other teachers also went unpaid or were paid with NSF checks.)


MASSACHUSETTS v. DeSILVA is an ongoing 2009 Massachusetts criminal court case. After being on the run for three months, Joseph C. DeSilva, age 52, of Tiverton, Rhode Island, was arrested in May 2009 and extradited to Massachusetts to face charges of stealing over $75,000.00 from his current employer, Core-Mark International Inc., of Massachusetts; for whom DeSilva worked as a traveling sales representative. DeSilva was purportedly a "Ministerial Servant" at his local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

MASSACHUSETTS v. DeSILVA. In 1996, Joseph DeSilva, then 38, was also prosecuted for stealing over $6,000.00, from Union Tobacco Company, of Massachusetts; for whom DeSilva also worked as a traveling sales representative. Outcome of that prosecution is unknown.


PHILIPINES v. RAFAEL DIOPITA y GUZMAN was a 1995-2000 Philipines RAPE prosecution and conviction court case of a Jehovah's Witness MINISTERIAL SERVANT, which we are cross-posting in this HONESTY-DISHONESTY section for the benefit of naive readers who believe that Jehovah's Witnesses LIE much less than do members of the general population, and who believe that Jehovah's Witnesses would never LIE in a court of law. This arrested Jehovah's WitnessMINISTERIAL SERVANT was eventually convicted of this RAPE in a court of law, and he was sentenced to LIFE IN PRISON. That conviction and sentence was reviewed by the Philippines Supreme Court and affirmed.

Shortly after sundown, on Friday evening, April 14, 1995, Jehovah's Witnesses around the world -- including those living in the Philippines -- gathered for one hour to celebrate the only "holiday" celebrated by the WatchTower Cult, their annual LORD'S EVENING MEAL. This WatchTower Cult "holiday" is typically always celebrated within a few days of EASTER, which Jehovah's Witnesses condemn as being "pagan".

Two nights later, at around 9:00 P.M., on EASTER Sunday night, April 16, 1995, while walking home from work, a 24 year-old woman named Dominga Pikit-pikit was physically attacked, robbed, and then raped. After the attack, the woman went straight home, where her neighbors called the police. The victim was taken to the police station, where she gave her statement. The victim was taken to the hospital, where intercourse was confirmed. A single shoe was recovered from the crime scene within 8 hours of the attack, and it was eventually found to fit the accused. Police quickly detained 4 suspects from homes near the crime scene, and around 6:00 A.M., the next morning, the victim readily picked from a police lineup the Jehovah's WitnessMINISTERIAL SERVANT as her attacker, given that the rape had been committed outside in the light of a FULL MOON.

At the trial, the Jehovah's Witness MINISTERIAL SERVANT produced FIVE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES as "alibi witnesses" -- his wife and son, as well as 3 adult male Jehovah's Witnesses. This "coven" of five JWs all testified that they had gathered at a private home near the crime scene on that EASTER Sunday evening to conduct a "Bible Study" -- conveniently from 8:30 P.M. until midnight. The FIVE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES testified that the accused never left the home during those hours. Both the trial and appellate courts completely dismissed the false testimony of this "coven" of Jehovah's Witnesses. Here is an excerpt from that Decision of the Philippines Supreme Court -- which we GUARANTEE you will never find quoted in one of the plethora of WATCHTOWER magazine articles boasting about the superior morals and ethics of Jehovah's Witnesses:

[THE ACCUSED] tenaciously maintains that it was impossible for him to have committed the crime charged since he is a person of good moral character, holding as he does the position of "Ministerial Servant" in the congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses, and that he is a godly man, a righteous person, a responsible family man and a good Christian who preaches the word of God.

We are not impressed. The fact that accused-appellant is endowed with such qualities hardly justifies the conclusion that he is innocent of the crime charged. Similarly, his having attained the position of "Ministerial Servant" in his faith is no guarantee against any sexual perversion and plunderous proclivity on his part. Indeed, religiosity is not always an emblem of good conduct, and it is not the unreligious alone who succumbs to the impulse to rob and rape. An accused is not entitled to an acquittal simply because of his previous good moral character and exemplary conduct. The affirmation or reversal of his conviction must be resolved on the basic issue of whether the prosecution had discharged its duty of proving his guilt beyond any peradventure of doubt. Since the evidence of the crime in the instant case is more than sufficient to convict, the evidence of good moral character of accused-appellant is unavailing.

Accused-appellant likewise bewails and assigns as reversible error the failure of the trial court to give credence to the testimonies of the defense witnesses. He argues that these are Jehovahs Witnesses, and as such, they are God-fearing people who would never lie as to his whereabouts at the time in question.This argument is as puerile as the first. ...


JIMMIE KNIGHT v. CITY OF BENTON HARBOR, MICHIGAN, ET AL is an ongoing 2014-16 employment discrimination federal lawsuit filed by one of Benton Harbor, Michigan's most prominent Jehovah's Witness Elders, and involves an African-American Supervisor Defendant who was reared as a Jehovah's Witness, but is now a Christian Minister. A 2014state incorporation filing for the Benton Harbor Michigan Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses lists "Jimmie Knight" as the principle "Agent". An old 1968 incorporation filing for the Benton Harbor Michigan Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses lists "Jimmie Knight Jr." as its principle "Agent". Thus, the "Jimmie Knight" who is the plaintiff in this lawsuit appears to be the son of Benton Harbor's previous most prominent JW Elder.

According to an article published in October 2015, which is partially based on city records it obtained via a FOIA request, THE HERALD-PALLADIUM, alleges that Jimmie Knight, age 37, was fired from his position as a FIREFIGHTER for "removing" city property and "lying" to Public Safety Director Dan McGinnis, who acknowledges being reared as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. According to city records, when Public Safety Director Dan McGinnis sought to review files belonging to the City's former Firefighters' Union, which had been decertified in 2013, McGinnis discovered that the files were missing from the Watch office. McGinnis then reviewed surveillance footage which showed Jimmie Knight filling two garbage bags with files from the filing cabinet of the former union, removing them from the building, and then putting them in his own automobile. When McGinnis asked Knight to return the files, Knight allegedly only returned one bag. McGinnis retrieved the second bag out of Knight's locked trunk while Knight was on a fire call. The City report states that the files contained personnel information from current and past employees, along with old Union info.

Jimmie Knight's lawsuit denies many of the claims in the aforementioned City reports, and alleges that he was wrongfully fired in November 2014 in retaliation for raising concerns about fire safety policy and training. Knight filed a complaint about training and equipment deficiencies with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration on 11-14-14, was suspended a few hours later, and was terminated on 11-18-14. Knight's lawsuit seeks that Knight, who had been employed as a city firefighter since May 2005, be reinstated with the Fire Department and that he be awarded back pay and damages. Outcome pending.

Jimmie Knight reportedly also filed a complaint with the EEOC in 2014 which alleged religious discrimination. The EEOC decided in July 2015 not to pursue Knight's claims and issued Knight a Right-To-Sue Letter.


WISCONSIN v. GREGORY R. SPERGER was a 2012-15 Wisconsin court case which involved an Elder at the Beaver Dam, Wisconsin Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses named Gregory Sperger, who is also owner/operator of ARTISTIC TAXIDERMY. Limited details. In January 2012, Greg Sperger, age 52, was cited by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources for OPERATING A TAXIDERMY BUSINESS WITHOUT A LICENSE. For unknown reasons, the case was not filed until March 2015. Greg Sperger pled "No Contest" in April 2015, and paid a $237.70 fine.


This linked May 2015 CONSUMER AFFAIRS article describes a peer-to-peer "car rental" transaction which occurred in Phoenix, Arizona, during which a Non-JW Man was deceived, SCAMMED, and lied to multiple times by a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MOTHER, who is employed as a "Speech Therapist Assistant", living in Phoenix, Arizona. Non-JW Man had previously used RelayRides, a peer-to-peer "car rental" service, to rent out his Dodge Grand Caravan four different times in 2014 -- without any problems.

On Thursday night, April 30, 2015, Non-JW Man rented out his Dodge Grand Caravan to a JEHOVAH'S WITNESS MOTHER who wanted a larger capacity vehicle to transport herself, her family, and others, to a CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY being held that weekend at the CASA GRANDE ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. JW MOM was supposed to return the Dodge Grand Caravan to its owner on Sunday night, May 3, 2015, at 9:00 P.M., after this Jehovah's Witness family returned home to Phoenix from the Circuit Assembly.

However, on Sunday, prior to the scheduled drop-off, JW MOM sent a "text" to Non-JW Male asking that the car rental be extended another day -- to which Non-JW male agreed. On Monday, May 4, 2015, as planned, Non-JW Male traveled to Sky Harbor Airport to retrieve his Dodge Grand Caravan. JW MOM never showed. After numerous text messages, JW MOM finally returned a text in which she claimed that she was running late, and told Non-JW Male to bill her credit card for another day. JW MOM knew that the rental payments were transacted by RelayRides, not Non-JW Male. Non-JW Male was unable to contact RelayRides until Tuesday, who told Non-JW Male that they would communicate with JW MOM. Later that day, JW MOM again sent a text to Non-JW Male stating that JW MOM's "son" had possession of Non-JW Male's Dodge Grand Caravan, and that JW SON thought that the Dodge Grand Caravan was not to be returned until 9:00 P.M. on Tuesday night.

Not until after further exchange of multiple deceptive text messages did JW MOM finally admit the real situation with Non-JW Males Dodge Grand Caravan. JW SON had been arrested in Bilbee, Arizona, for driving without a valid driver's license, and the Dodge Grand Caravan had been IMPOUNDED. Non-JW Male's attempt to recover his vehicle was unsuccessful because this peer-to-peer rental arrangement is NOT recognized by the Arizona courts. As of the publication of this article, Non-JW Male had yet to recover his vehicle, or any financial compensation. Non-JW Male also discovered that JW SON had been arrested for drug possession, drug use, and possession of drug paraphernalia, on February 24, 2015. The only remaining question is whether this family of Phoenix, Arizona Jehovah's Witnesses is African-American, Mexican, or both?


ROBERT SWINGLE v. HENNING & SONS ET AL was a 2000-02 Ohio appellate court case which involved a PROMINENT central Ohio 5-generation family of Jehovah's Witnesses. In September 1999, Swingle approached Henning & Sons, a three-generation Jehovah's Witness owned and operated HVAC and Roofing Company located in Roseville, Ohio, about having a furnace installed. Learning that Swingle owned and operated an oil and gas well servicing company, the father, Thomas Henning, thereafter approached Swingle about a recently failed oil/gas well located on the Henning's family farm, where the Hennings bred cattle and quarter horses.

Tom Henning explained that the well had failed due to surface water seeping into the well, and discussed with Swingle various options as how to get the well back to production. Swingle informed Henning that Henning could attempt to solve the problem by having a "packer" installed into the well, which is a new casing that has a rubber exterior which prevents surface water from further entering into the well. Swingle further informed Henning that even after installation of the packer that it would take one to three years to pump out the existing surface water, and that even after all that time and expense, the well might not ever return to production.

Thomas Henning agreed to Swingle's estimate of $13,178.55 to install the "packer". The packer was installed successfully in January 2000, and Swingle was paid by son, Kevin Henning. Thereafter, the Hennings pumped water from their well, and signs appeared that such pumping was slowly beginning to work. However, in June 2000, Kevin Henning directed Swingle to remove the packing from the well. Swingle agreed to do so for $80.00 per hour, but recommended against doing so prematurely. Kevin Henning reportedly brought in his own expert, a Michael Brown, to oversee Swingle's work. When Swingle's crew were unable to remove the packing from the well, Mike Brown directed Swingle to attempt to do so by turning the packing in the wrong direction. Swingle initially refused to perform the maneuver incorrectly, but after Brown persisted, Swingle finally gave in and did as Brown ordered. The incorrect maneuver jammed the packing, and it then would not move in either direction. Kevin Henning thereafter ordered Swingle and his crew off the Hennings' property.

Swingle submitted a bill to Kevin Henning in the amount of $3040.50 for those July 2000 services. After Henning complained, the bill was adjusted to $2955.50. Thereafter, Swingle received only $100.00 from the Hennings, who refused to pay the remainder of the bill. Swingle filed this civil action against the Hennings in Muskingum County Court. Interestingly, "[a]t trial, Tom Henning (age 68) was unable to remember any of the conversations surrounding the formation of the contract with [Swingle], as at the time of the trial, he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease". In December 2001, the trial court dismissed the Hennings' counterclaims, and ordered the Hennings to pay Swingle $2855.50. The trial court held that Swingle had properly informed the Hennings that there was no guarantee that installation of the packing would return the Hennings' well back to production -- ever -- much less in only six months. On the Hennings' appeal, the appellate court affirmed the ruling of the trial court in November 2002.


MASSACHUSETTS v. FRANKLIN SPEED was the 2002-03 Massachusetts criminal prosecution of Franklin Speed Jr., who was a school bus van driver employed by the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES owned and operated Johnson and Johnson Transportation Company of Mattapan, Massachusetts.
On the morning of April 30, 2002, which was Franklin Speed's second day on the job, at 8:30 A.M., Franklin Speed crossed over the yellow line on Cummins Highway in Roslindale, and plowed into an oncoming automobile driven by Myrna Skerritt, who died at the scene. Myrna Skerritt's 19-month-old daughter, Jaelle Skerritt, was strapped in a car seat, and did not die until the next day. Police ticketed Speed for doing 52 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. Fortunately for Speed, he had no children in his van at the time of the crash. Unfortunately for Speed, he failed two drug tests in May 2002, which violated his probation, and he was returned to prison until June 2004, when upon his release, his driver's license was renewed, and he once again began to accumulate tickets.
Fortunately for Franklin Speed, the June 2002 Suffolk County Grand Jury refused to indict Speed on felony manslaughter charges, but instead indicted Speed on two misdemeanor vehicular homicide charges. Fortunately for Speed, in September 2003, a Suffolk Superior Court jury found Franklin Speed Jr. guilty of only "driving without a license", because after removing only its brakes for forensic purposes, instead of retaining the wreck until after Speed's trial, the Police returned the wrecked Ford Econoline Van to Johnson and Johnson Transportation Company, and they sold it to an auto wrecking yard.
During the sitting of the June 2002 Suffolk County Grand Jury, the local Prosecutor attempted to also have the owners ofJohnson and Johnson Transportation Company indicted for their alleged culpability in the two deaths, but he failed to obtain an indictment on any criminal charge.
Johnson and Johnson Transportation Company was owned and operated by an elderly African-American Jehovah's Witness couple in their 60s, named Leon Johnson and Lula Mae Johnson, of Mattapan, Massachusetts. The Johnsons had started a day care business in their home around 1993, and shortly thereafter the JW Couple started Johnson and Johnson Transportation Company to transport toddlers to daycare, pre-school, etc. By May 2002, the Johnsons had 5 vans, which they contracted to transport 80 children daily. The Registry of Motor Vehicles inspected the Johnsons' business following the crash and discovered that only 3 of the 5 vans had school bus license tags which make the vans legal to transport children. NONE of the 5 vans had the required "SCHOOL BUS" markings or the required flashing lights. All licenses were surrendered under threat of seizure by MRMV.
While the Johnsons and other family members drove the 5 company vans, the Johnsons also hired drivers like 27 year-old Franklin Speed Jr., whose criminal record already showed nearly 20 convictions, including drug dealing, assault, and gun possession. The Johnsons claimed that Speed's record for the previous 4+ years was clean. It was. Franklin Speed had just been released from state prison in December 2001 after doing 4 years for assault with intent to kill. And, that's likely simply the charges to which Speed had plea bargained. No telling what crimes Speed had actually committed. Neither did Franklin Speed possess the 7D Massachusetts Driver's License which was required to transport children. The Johnsons knew that. Massachusetts required background checks and physicals in order to obtain a 7D license. Massachusetts also required school bus drivers to be trained and certified in CPR. The Johnsons had no clue whether Speed was trained or certified in CPR.
INTERESTINGLY, the crash also caused the Massachusetts Office of Child Care Services to suspend Lula Mae Johnson's license to operate her at-home day care business pending their investigation. However, Lula Mae Johnson told an inquiring reporter in June 2002 that she had already closed her daycare business back in 2001. INTERESTINGLY, this HONEST Jehovah's Witness Minister told another reporter in 2008, who was authoring an article about Johnson finally obtaining a HS diploma, that she had applied in 2002 for an application to EXPAND her ongoing daycare business, but that that application had been denied because she did not possess a high school diploma. The then 68 year-old Lula Mae Johnson further stated that she then decided in 2002 (age 62) to close up her ongoing daycare business "because my children were grown".
This whole MESS reeks of Jehovah's Witness style "HONESTY", plus enlightens the world as to the real value that Jehovah's Witnesses place on the well-being and lives of non-JWs, as well as the cavalier attitude that Jehovah's Witnesses have toward obeying laws and regulations which depend on the full cooperation of honest citizens and responsible business owners.


DAVID WAYNE COLE v. JIM STIRLING MOTORS was a 2004-06 Washington state federal court case. Incomplete specifics. David W. Cole, age 38, an experienced salesperson, began working as a salesperson at Jim Stirling Motors, a franchised GM dealership, in Longview, Washington, in 1997. After a brief absence at some point, David Cole was re-hired as a "manager", who was responsible for "training" salespersons and "closing" sales for less experienced salespersons. Cole was eventually demoted by a new manager, and was thereafter fired by that new manager, in December 2003, supposedly for "insubordination". Cole thereafter brought this federal lawsuit which alleged religious discrimination and retaliation, defamation, and breach of employment contract.
David Cole alleged that he had suffered religious discrimination due to his WatchTower religion throughout his tenure at JSM(then why did he return?). Cole alleged that the harrasment increased under a new manger named Reed. Cole further alleged that Reed told Cole's co-workers that he did not like Cole nor his religion, and that he wanted to get Cole fired, and/or kicked out of his church. (If I were listening to this testimony, I would wonder what Cole's manager knew that was sufficient to have Cole "disfellowshiped"?) Cole further alleged that after he was fired that some JSM employees were publicly stating that Cole had been fired for "embezzlement".
JSM generally denied Cole's allegations, and claimed failure to mitigate, laches, "unclean hands", and as to the alleged defamation -- truth. JSM even counterclaimed with a claim of theft, embezzlement, unjust enrichment, fraud, and intentional interference with business expectations. JSM alleged that Cole had personally claimed the "sales" of newly hired "uncertified" salespersons under a special GM sales bonus program, which apparently paid bonuses only to "certified" GM salespersons, and collected bonus money to which Cole was not entitled. JSM further alleged that after his termination that Cole went to work at another dealership, where he eventually sold 50 automobiles, and that Cole accomplished such by keeping customer data obtained from JSM. JSM also alleged that Cole notified customers of his new employment and disparaged JSM.
As to the GM bonus plan, Cole responded that he was simply following JSM's directives, and that once he received the bonus money that he proportionately distributed that money to the unqualified newly-hired salespersons (does anyone else spot the flaw in that claim?).
The USDC dismissed all of JSM's counterclaims during the trial, and the jury deliberated only on the religious discrimination claim. The jury awarded David Wayne Cole $200,000.00 for past and future pain and suffering; $79,000.00 for past lost earnings; $1.00 for future lost earnings; and $750,000.00 in punitive damages. David Cole died of pancreatic cancer in less than four years after receiving this money.


ILLINOIS v. THELMA GIST (1992) and UNITED STATES v. THELMA GIST (1994-6) were related state and federal court cases which involved a 54 year-old Jehovah's Witness con-artist named Thelma Gist. Thelma Gist was a travel agent who was originally charged by federal prosecutors with 22 counts of bilking $350,000.00 from 800 customers -- many of them senior citizens, and some who were fellow greater Chicago area Jehovah's Witnesses. The FBI even investigated allegations of threats to victims by Gist during the investigation. Gist eventually plea bargained down to one count of mail fraud, and was given a mere nine months jail time, and three years' supervised release. No restitution was ordered due to Gist supposedly having no means to make repayment.
In an unlocated state court case, Thelma Gist had been permanently enjoined in June 1992 from acting directly or indirectly as a travel promoter in the State of Illinois by the Circuit Court of Cook County, in response to a complaint against Gist filed by the Illinois Attorney General's Office.
Thelma Gist operated a travel agency business out of her Markham, Illinois home, using the business names Travel Haven, Jackson Enterprises and Ocean Aweigh. Gist was alleged to have used numerous false names to conceal the fraudulent schemes; used numerous counterfeit cashier's checks; and used customers' credit card accounts to charge thousands of dollars of unauthorized travel expenses or debts owed by defendant to various cruise lines, travel agencies, and airlines.
In 2013, another Chicago area travel agency, called RON MAR TRAVEL SERVICE, which offered trips to both WatchTower Society HQ in Brooklyn and Canada, and which had been in business since 2009, suddenly went out of business. There are multiple postings by Jehovah's Witness customers on various business rating websites alleging that the owner, Ronald Bryant, was an older, fellow Jehovah's Witness who had lied to them. Posters also used the labels "scam", "fraud", etc. We have not been able to locate any filed legal action against the business or the owner by either state/federal authorities or private individuals.


Note that an elderly female Jehovah's Witness named Takouhie Kouchkarian is the Plaintiff in both of the two following similar court cases, which were filed in close proximity. Also note that the Defendants in each of the two cases are young Jehovah's Witness married couples -- none of whom share the same surname. (The significance of such is uncertain.) But for the existence of two cases with similar/same facts, we would automatically assume that Takouhie Kouchkarian simply was a lonely elderly JW Woman whom was aggressively inserting herself into the lives of non-relative young JW Families by "buying" their friendship with her money.

However, given the similar facts of both of these two cases, we couldn't help but wonder whether Takouhie Kouchkarian was a vulnerable elderly lady whom was specifically targeted by two sets of defendants who were related, or otherwise knew each other, and as is typical of court cases involving Jehovah's Witnesses, much of what actually occurred was never brought out at trial in order "to not bring reproach on the name of Jehovah or his earthy organization".

Thus, until we receive additional, inside information on these cases, we will simply briefly summarize the court's decision in each case, and leave it to our readers to read what they will "between the lines". In any event, this Editor can personally vouch to readers that they should understand that it is not uncommon for Jehovah's Witnesses with excess financial assets to offer financial assistance to less fortunate fellow Jehovah's Witnesses. Readers should also understand that neither is it uncommon for such generous Jehovah's Witnesses to quickly come to regret that generosity. In other cases, it is not uncommon for needy Jehovah's Witnesses to come to regret accepting the generosity of their fellow Jehovah's Witnesses.

TAKOUHIE KOUCHKARIAN v. TAMARA MILLAR and LEERON WEBB was a 2006-07 Quebec civil court case which involved parties whom were all active Jehovah's Witnesses. The elderly Kouchkarian became acquainted with this young JW Couple at regular meetings at their Kingdom Hall, as well as while working together in "field service". Gradually, the young JW Couple shared with Kouchkarian their family's financial difficulties, and over a period of months Kouchkarian "loaned" the couple $1000.00 to buy furniture and $3000.00 to buy an automobile, and made smaller miscellaneous loans amounting to $850.00. The defendants alleged that they did not except Kouchkarian's generosity quickly nor easily, but only after Kouchkarian had insisted that they take her money as a "gift from Jehovah".
Shortly thereafter, after becoming aware of the young couple's housing problems, Kouchkarian encouraged the young couple to buy their own home, and offered to loan them most of the required downpayment. In 2001, Kouchkarian's name was placed on the deed along with the couple's names as equal owners of that newly purchased home. Unbeknownst to Kouchkarian, about 15 months later, the young couple take out a second mortgage as collateral for a nearly $10,000.00 personal loan. Creditors force the sale of the home in 2006. Probably unanticipated by all parties, the home had nearly doubled in value, and there was roughly $80,000.00 profit to split.
The defendants wanted to split the profit in thirds -- based on the three names on the deed. Kouchkarian wanted 84% of the profit based on the percentage of the downpayment that she had loaned. Kouchkarian also wanted repaid the $4850.00 for defendant's furniture, auto, etc. that the defendants never repaid. Ultimately, Kouchkarian and the couple split the profit from the home equally, and Kouchkarian was repaid the $4850.00.
TAKOUHIE KOUCHKARIAN v. LINDA ANN ROUSSEL and PIERRE TREMBLAY was a 2004-08 Quebec civil court case which involved parties whom were all active Jehovah's Witnesses. Beginning in 1998, the elderly Kouchkarian became acquainted with this young JW Couple at regular meetings at their Kingdom Hall, as well as while working together in "field service". Gradually, the young JW Couple shared with Kouchkarian their family's financial difficulties, and over a period of months Kouchkarian "gifted" the couple over $60,000.00, which included $10,000.00 to repay the couple's credit cards, $26,000.00 for the downpayment on a home which Kouchkarian encouraged the couple to purchase, and over $15,000.00 for furniture, appliances, and landscaping. In 2000, Kouchkarian and the young JW family had a falling out when Kouchkarian's dog supposedly attacked their son, and he kicked Kouchkarian's dog. Kouchkarian then proceeded to demand repayment of all the aforementioned "loans". When the young JW Couple did not make repayment, this civil lawsuit was filed.
The court in this case had the benefit of reviewing Kouchkarian's previous already-decided lawsuit, which apparently gave this court pause. Can you now guess how this court ruled in this instance? This court decided to take an extremely close look at this set of facts. This court found that Kouchkarian could not prove $10,000.00 of the $60,000.00 that she claimed that she had given the couple. Further, the court ruled that Kouchkarian had always referred to her "loans" as "gifts", and that Kouchkarian had insisted that the young couple take her money. This court gave Kouchkarian NOTHING. Interesting. Very interesting. It is not always easy to figure out who is taking advantage of whom. Bet you didn't see that one coming.

***************                  **************

During the 1970s, the WatchTower Society's Legal Department was actively looking for test cases to take up the appellate ladder to set precedent that "adult" Jehovah's Witnesses were constitutionally permitted to reject life-saving blood transfusions, and DIE, and to stop Hospitals, Doctors, and Judges from interfering with such WatchTower Cult martyrdom.

HUBERT LEE HAMILTON v. JUDGE JOHN F. MCAULIFFE was a 1974-76 Maryland federal court case in which a Jehovah's Witness Minister and building contractor named Hubert L. Hamilton, then age 35, of greater Baltimore, Maryland, sued the state judge whom, at the request of Hamilton's non-JW wife and non-JW relatives, had SAVED HIS LIFE by ordering the administration of life-saving blood transfusions after Hubert Hamilton was twice gunshot in the chest during an otherwise unspecified heated argument around midnight on an evening in December 1973, in Silver Spring, Maryland. Undoubtedly at the direction of the WatchTower Society's Legal Department, Hamilton's lawsuit requested that the USDC issue a declaratory judgment against Maryland state Judge McAuliffe declaring that his order of December 12, 1973, authorizing the blood transfusion, had been "erroneous", and preventing Judge McAuliffe "from presently and in the future ordering a blood transfusion for Mr. Hamilton." As had other courts in similar cases, the USDC declared the issues to be "moot".

How "cherry" was the plaintiff in this case? Given that the WatchTower Society Legal Department eventually found other cases on which it ultimately "won" on this issue, the WatchTower Cult probably is still giving "thanks" that they lost this particular case. The following Maryland-only court cases (not inclusive) provide a brief glimpse into the following decades of this Jehovah's Witnesses' life.

HALLAM v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1975-89 Maryland court case in which the plaintiff won a $2,025.00 judgment against Hubert L. Hamilton, and THEN wife, Jane Hamilton. That judgment went unpaid, and was renewed in 1988.

ROBEY v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1975 Maryland civil court case. Unknown details/outcome.

PEIKIN v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1975 Maryland civil court case. Unknown details/outcome.

UNITED STATES v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1978-88 Maryland FEDERAL TAX LIEN in the amount of $19,098.46.

JANET ELIZABETH HAMILTON v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1981 Maryland Family Court action filed by second wife, interestingly who was a Jehovah's Witness whom recently had just begun "regular pioneering". The Hamiltons were still married when Janet Hamilton died in 2004.

BAXT v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1982-85 Maryland civil court case. Unknown details. Settled.

HUBERT LEE HAMILTON v. GENERAL MOTORS was a 1983-84 Maryland state lawsuit against GMC which alleged unknown "negligence". Summarily dismissed (probably on diversity issue). Appeal denied.

HUBERT LEE HAMILTON v. DR. CHESTER STEIN was a 1987-90 Maryland "contract" jury trial case in which each party received a $6500.00 judgment against the other party.

MITCHELL v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1988-89 Maryland court case in which a foreign judgment (probably Virginia) amounting to $14,593.37 was filed against Hamilton, along with a lien on unknown Hamilton property. Paid and Satisfied.

SOBO v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 1988-89 Maryland civil "contract" case. Unknown details/outcome.

HUBERT LEE HAMILTON v. MARYLAND HOME IMPROVEMENT COMMISSION was a 1989-90 Maryland court case in which Hubert L. Hamilton was denied unspecified state licensing. Hubert Hamilton lost at both the trial and appellate court levels.

HUBERT LEE HAMILTON v. LILLIAN J. YOUNG was a 1992-2003 Maryland "contract" case, which may have been settled, but was never dismissed.

FORD MOTOR CREDIT v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON was a 2010 Maryland civil lawsuit. Judgment entered for Hamilton three months after filing.

MARYLAND v. HUBERT LEE HAMILTON were two traffic tickets charged in February 2016 to Hubert L. Hamilton, age 78, of Thurmont, Maryland. Hubert Hamilton was charged with "Driver Failure To Stop At Steady Circular Red Signal"and "Driver Failing To Make Left Turn From Left Turn Lane". Outcome unknown.

****************                  ****************

OREGON v. BOYD (2003), BOYD v. PALMATEER (2007), and BOYD v. HOEFEL (2007) are rebuttably believed to all involve a female Jehovah's Witness (or ex), who spent nearly 20 years as the wife of a now deceased Oregon Jehovah's Witness Elder. The listed 2003 court case was her criminal conviction on the charges of second degree manslaughter, for which she was sentenced to Oregon State Penitentiary for a term of 75 months, and the unlawful use of a firearm, for which she was sentenced to six months. The man that Bimla Wati Boyd was convicted of killing was not her JW Elder husband, Charles Boyd, although one or more of her three children believe that she possibly may have also killed him. The two listed 2007 court cases have as defendants two administrators within the Oregon State Penitentiary system. Although the subject of the lawsuits are not known, just the existence of such lawsuits reveals something about who Bimla Boyd is in the year 2007.

I have no evidence that Bimla Wati Boyd has ever been civilly or criminally charged, much less convicted, of any financial crime, or any other crime, other than that for which she is currently incarcerated. However, there have been multiple news media reports that raise questions about a series of coincidental deaths and many financial transactions connected to Bimla Boyd which occurred or took place over the decades

Before I summarize the information from those multiple media reports, web visitors should first read my summary of the "custody" court case CHECKLEY v. KEIZER CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, which is posted on this website's sister website. Bimla Wati Boyd is the party identified as "JW Elderette" in that summary. Only after reading the details provided in that summary will the following summary of various events and dates pertaining to Bimla Boyd make sense:

1956:  Bimla Wati Lal was born in 1956, on the South Pacific island(s) of Fiji.

1974:  Bimla's first child, James Maharaj-Lal, was born in Fiji. Bimla Boyd has stated in official U.S. documents that she was divorced in Fiji the next month after "James Boyd" was born. It is only an assumption that the husband was James' father -- assuming the marriage and divorce actually occurred. James' father was allegedly Bimla's high school teacher, named Sudesh Maharaj, who supposedly moved to New Zealand rather than accompany Bimla and James to North America.

1980:  Bimla and James immigrate to Canada -- Vancouver.

1981:  Bimla and James immigrate to Springfield, Oregon, where Bimla marries someone named "Schultz". After Bimla gains U.S. citizenship, they divorce. Bimla moves to Portland, Oregon, where she moves in with "relatives", and enrolls at Portland Community College, where she studies "nursing".

1982: Bimla meets a Molalla, Oregon, USPS mail carrier named Charles Boyd. Converts to his religion -- Jehovah's Witnesses. Then, they marry.

Latter 1980s:  Bimla's second son born in January 1986. Girl born in March 1988. The Boyd family moves to Keizer, Oregon

Early 1990s:  In Keizer, Charles Boyd is an Elder in the local JW Congregation. The Boyds gradually develop a relationship with severely disabled fellow JW -- Shad Wagner.

February 1994:  Charles and Bimla Boyd take Shad Wagner to lodge a complaint with Oregon Disability Services regarding Ronald Checkley's activities as Wagner's guardian and conservator.

1995-6:  Wagner files petition with local Court to remove Checkley as his guardian and conservator. Months pass before case is actually heard. Court declines to replace Checkley.

1996:  Checkley files lawsuit against the Boyds and the Keizer Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

1996:  The Boyds file for a "legal separation", yet reportedly continue to live in the same home. It has been alleged that such was nothing but a ploy to allow Bimla to qualify for state/federal assistance.

November 1996:  The Boyds open an adult-foster-care business in their Keizer home.

January 1998:  The Boyds purchase 31 acres of rural property about 10 miles west of Salem, Oregon, and obtain a loan to build a 2700 sf home. They close the Keizer adult-foster-care business, sell their home, and move into a $1500 Mobile Homesetup on the rural property while their new home is being constructed. The Boyd's new property is located at the end of a 1-mile long sparsely populated country road.

Sept/Oct 1998:   The Boyds advertise the now vacant dilapidated Mobile Home "free in exchange for housework". Out of an alleged 300 responders, the Boyds pick an unmarried couple (26 and 24) who have been alleged to have manufactured and sold methamphetamine from the trailer.

November 23, 1998:   At 3:57 p.m., 9-1-1 receives a call from Bimla Boyd reporting that she has discovered the dead body of the male "employee" in the kitchen of the Mobile Home. Bimla claims that she was motivated to go check on the "caretakers" after seeing smoke coming from the trailer (a reportedly stormy day). Police discover the bodies of the female caretaker and a second female underneath the trailer. All three had been "executed" by a small .22 caliber shot to the head. Police arrest Philip Scott Cannon later that night after Bimla Boyd, and possibly others, report seeing Cannon at the Mobile Home earlier that afternoon. Cannon, a convicted felon, who earns a living as a local handyman, admits being there that day, but he claims that he was asked to come to the trailer to give a bid on some plumbing work.

December 1998: Checkley's Lawsuit goes to trial. Boyd's win. Checkley appeals.

Mid 1999: Bimla Boyd gets into a dispute with relatives of the three murder victims. She denies them permission to retrieve their loved one's belongings from the mobile home until they pay $500.00 for damages inside the trailer. Boyd also demanded that the families sign a waiver releasing her of any liability if they contracted a disease from the dried blood.

Fall-Winter 1999: Several people report that Bimla was extremely nervous/anxious about having to take the witness stand at the upcoming murder trial. An attorney allegedly reported that Bimla consulted with him about the ramifications of her going to Mexico until the trial was over.

Jan-Feb 2000: Cannon murder trial. Autopsies showed that the male and female "caretakers" had used meth within only a few hours of being killed. There were no witnesses to the killings. Just Bimla, and possibly others, who seen Cannon at the trailer, which he admits. The district attorney produced no motive during Cannon's trial. The DA theorized that the slayings resulted from a drug deal gone awry. No murder weapon was found. Bullets and/or shell casings of the same caliber, same manufacturer, and same chemical composition were discovered at the crime scene and at Cannon's home. (I wonder how many boxes of 50 cartridges the local WalMart sold from the same case?) Cannon was convicted and sentenced to life without parol. Cannon still denies that he killed the 3 druggies. [2010 UPDATE: Scott Cannon's conviction was overturned by an appellate court in 2009. Local Prosecutors decided not to retry Cannon after being unable to locate stored evidence. Cannon was released in December 2009.]

Fall 2000: Robert Daniel Spencer, 54, who receives SS Disability, moves into the rent-free Mobile Home located about 100 ft from the Boyd home in exchange for performing various caretaking duties on the property.

November 2000: Appellate court reinstates most of lawsuit against Boyds.

Latter 2000: The local housing authority discovers that the Boyds have fraudulently received $5-7,000.00 in state housing assistance after claiming that they are legally separated, that the realty belongs solely to Charles, that he rents the house to Bimla, and that he lives at their former residence in Keizer. The Police fiddle around with the complaint until they also forget to refer the it to the DA. This scam appears to be a repeat of the one alleged in 1996, and possibly other years.

2001-02: An unidentified elderly man and woman also died sometime around 2001-02 while staying at Bimla Boyd's home. They had lived with the Boyds when they operated the adult-foster-care business from their Keizer home. The elderly couple moved with the Boyds to their new home in Polk County. The two deaths were assumed to have stemmed from natural causes, and raised noone's suspicions.

October 15, 2001: Boyds divorce final. Terms of divorce settlement required Charles Boyd to continue making the mortgage payments, and provide child support of $200 a month.The divorce decree also required Charles Boyd to keep Bimla as the primary beneficiary of his $400,000.00 life insurance policy. It is alleged that the Boyd's divorce was as genuine as their previous legal separations that were used for one scam or another.

December 2001: The Monmouth Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowship both Charles and Bimla Boyd. Reason(s) not announced, but it could have been for any number of possible reasons. It was rumored to relate to the Boyds continuing to live together after their divorce. It would be typical that the JWs would hone in on the decoy rather than what the decoy was used for.

2001-2002: The deed to the Boyd property is put into first one of their names, and then the other, allegedly depending on who they were trying to scam at the time -- including worrying about losing the ongoing Checkley lawsuit.

January 2002: Allegedly, the Boyd's realty was deeded to Spencer (caretaker) for a few weeks.

Jan-Feb 2002: Charles Boyd becomes severely depressed after being disfellowshiped from the JWs, and decides to do whatever the JW Elders required him to do in order for him to be reinstated.

February 2, 2002, Charles moves out (possibly the only time he actually did so in all the years of claiming such in order to scam various government programs).

Feb. 13, 2002: Charles, Bimla, and their two children attend the evening meeting at the Monmouth Kingdom Hall together in an attempt to do what was needed for he and Bimla to be reinstated. After the meeting, Charles spends the night at Bimla's (their) house. According to Bimla, Charles sleeps in a downstairs bedroom, while she sleeps upstairs.

February 14, 2002: When Charles fails to get up for work at USPS the next morning, rather than checking on him herself, Bimla summons Spencer to come and check on Charles. Spencer told detectives that when he opened the bedroom door that he instantly recognized that Charles was dead. Spencer said he tried but failed to revive Charles with chest compressions. Bimla told investigators that Charles had committed suicide by overdosing on prescription pills. The Medical Examiner determined that he had taken a non-lethal amount of Oxycodone, a painkiller, and sertraline, an anti-depressant. The Coroner's report listed the cause of his death as undetermined. However, it concluded that three combined factors - his large, 6-foot-1, 220-pound body; the medication; and a dilated heart - probably caused his death. (Keep in mind that Charles, only 44, daily walked a mail delivery route for USPS. Also keep in mind that Bimla trained as a nurse. Friends reportedly alleged that she was also a notorious hypochondriac, who monitored the pill-taking of everyone around her.)

Sometime 2002: Boyds again win at trial. Checkley again appeals.

September 29, 2002: Around 6:00 p.m., 9-1-1 receives a call from Bimla Boyd's 16 year-old son reporting a shooting at the Boyd residence. Around 6:30 p.m., Police find Spencer's body in Bimla's bedroom. Spencer died from a single rifle shot to the face. Some of Spencer's relatives later claimed that Spencer had wanted for some time to quit his "rent for work" deal (and maybe tit for tat) with Boyd, but that Spencer could not afford to do so given that SS Disability was his sole income. They suspect that Spencer had finally had enough and told Bimla that he was leaving.

October 2002: Bimla Boyd pleads not guilty to the murder charge.

January 2003: Bimla Boyd's attorney negotiates a second degree manslaughter plea deal after the DA "investigates" and learns from Bimla, Bimla's 14 year-old daughter, and Bimla's 16 year-old son that Bimla shot Spencer after discovering Spencer and the daughter having sex in Spencer's trailer. Spencer, age 54, recipient of SS disability, who had likely carried on a sexual relationship with Bimla, allegedly had been carrying on a sexual relationship with Bimla's 14 year-old daughter for about six months. Supposedly, around 5:00 PM on 11/29/02, Bimla had decided to go for a walk on her property. She stopped at Spencer's trailer, about 100 ft from her house, and interrupted Spencer having sex with her daughter. Bimla then escorted her daughter back to the house, where Spencer was stupid enough to follow around 6:00 PM. Bimla and Spencer argue, and in the heat of the argument, somehow wind up in Bimla's bedroom, where she retrieves one of two loaded rifles from beneath her bed, and proceeds to shoot Spencer one time in the face, killing him. Bimla claims that she did not intend to shoot Spencer, but that her finger must have slipped in the anger, confusion, frustration, etc of the moment. Neither of Bimla's two children saw what occurred in her bedroom.

January 2008: Boyd's 75 month sentence is still running. She is required to serve all 75 months, and it is unclear whether the six months for the lesser charge is additional, and unclear if and how much credit she received for jailtime.

****************               ****************


In 2009, at a local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Soweto, South Africa, an unmarried Jehovah's Witness Male named Sibusiso Simon, who wanted to get married to a fellow Jehovah's Witness, apparently followed local JW custom and approached an older Jehovah's Witness female named Doris N. Mahlasela, who apparently was the congregation's "marriage arranger".

In January 2010, Doris N. Mahlasela told Sibusiso Simon that she had found him a "good wife", and assumedly a fellow Jehovah's Witness, who lived in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, named Phumeza Paraffin. The marriage apparently had been arranged through Phumeza Paraffin's unidentified Uncle. Doris Mahlasela instructed Sibusiso Simon that she would handle all the negotiations with that unidentified Uncle regarding the "ilobolo", or "bride-price", and that to speed up the process, Simon should deposit R11600 directly into her personal bank account. Doris Mahlasela told Sibusiso Simon that he would have to pay immediately, and that he could not talk to the bride-to-be until after he had paid at least half of the R11600.

Sibusiso Simon was eventually able to deposit R6300 into Mahlasela's bank account in April. In return, Doris Mahlasela gave Simon a photograph of Phumeza Paraffin, along with Phumeza's cellphone number. Simon paid the remaining balance of R5300 in July. Doris Mahlasela informed Simon that the engagement party was arranged for August, and that he also had to pay all of that expense.

In August, Sibusiso Simon and Phumeza Paraffin met for the first time, and Phumeza Paraffin told Simon that she did not like him and refused to marry him. Simon demanded from Doris Mahlasela, Phumeza Paraffin, and Paraffin's Jehovah's Witness family, that the R11600 "ilobolo", or "bride-price", be REFUNDED to him. All involved parties refused to return Simon's money, and when he kept calling them, all changed their telephone numbers. When Sibusiso Simon approached his local BOE about the matter, they DISFELLOWSHIPPED HIM!!!


NIGERIA v. VICTORY ISIMOYA is an ongoing October 2015 Nigeria criminal prosecution of a reported Jehovah's Witness named Victory Isimoya, age 25, of Lagos, on charges that he allegedly stole 5,980,300 Naira from his employer.


CYRIACUS CHIGOZIE OHAYA v. IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE was a series of pointless administrative and judicial deportation proceedings around 1992-93, given that Cyriacus C. Ohaya apparently continued to live in the United States -- eventually with a wife and children.
Cyriacus Ohaya, then 18/19 years old, entered the United States from Nigeria on a student visa in 1982. Upon completing his civil engineering degree in 1988, Ohaya failed to leave the U.S. After multiple administrative hearings before the Bureau of Immigration Appeals and appeals to the United States District Court and the United States Court of Appeals, the USCA affirmed the BIA's decision to DEPORT Ohaya, in November 1993.
Interestingly, in 1987, Cyriacus C. Ohaya became a "Jehovah's Witness", in Denver, Colorado. "The Most HONEST PEOPLE on planet Earth" proceeded to assist Ohaya with his ILLEGAL ALIEN status. In order to demonstrate "hardship", Ohaya claimed that "his deep religious convictions require him to support his parents, and that if forced to return to Nigeria's strained economy, he would likely become a burden to his parents in contradiction to the tenets of his religion."
Despite the fact that the WatchTower Society CLAIMS that it does not appoint ILLEGAL ALIENS to positions of authority, at his initial deportation hearing the PRESIDING OVERSEER of Ohaya's Denver Colorado Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses TESTIFIED that Ohaya would be APPOINTED as a MINISTERIAL SERVANT the next time that their Congregation was visited by the WatchTower Society's CIRCUIT OVERSEER (So much for waiting on a decision from the Holy Spirit. Apparently, even JW Elders know that that is a FARCE). Another unidentified JW also appeared and testified on Ohaya's behalf. Apparently, strategies were changed after this decision went against Cyriacus C. Ohaya.
******************                ******************

The subject of "Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Bankruptcy" is a topic which has gnawed at us for years, because an entire website could be constructed on this topic alone if not for the fact that public legal records do not lend themselves well to the coverage of Bankruptcy specifics. Additionally, a "book" could be written on the teachings and culture of the WatchTower Cult which lead to its Jehovah's Witness members being forced to reach out to Bankruptcy laws to save their arses from years, decades, or even a lifetime of poor financial decisions. Instead, for the time being, we will simply recount a few of the recent bankruptcy-related "cases" which have come to our attention -- and continues to "grate" on our arse.

During the past 6-8 months, we have received varying amounts of information on at least three "cases" where elderly Jehovah's Witnesses have filed for bankruptcy during the final few months of their lives in order to protect the family home as an asset of their estate which could be "left" as an "inheritance" to their surviving Jehovah's Witness Children, or "others". Since the facts of all three cases are essentially duplicates of each other, we will relate only the case for which we received the most specific details.


This case involves a prominent JW Family whose patriarch was a prominent JW Elder for decades, including holding the position of "City Overseer" for a number of years, and whose matriarch claimed to be "one of the 144,000", or "one of the anointed remnant", in a large million+ metropolitan area where only 2-3 other elderly JWs were recognized as such. Although this super-JW couple had devoted their lives to working for the WatchTower Cult, in their "spare time", they had managed to rear and educate two otherwise wholesome JW Daughters.

City Overseer died in the latter 2000s, while he was in his late 70s -- thus, the vast majority of his end-of-life medical expenses would have been covered by medicare/medicaid. (For those readers who -- like ourselves -- once swallowed the alarming sales spiel of the Medicare Supplement industry regarding "deductibles' -- we had an elderly relative without Medicare Supplement insurance, who died after weeks in the hospital, with the bills amounting to nearly six figures. Most providers did not even bill for the Medicare deductible. Out of nearly $100,000.00 in medical and doctor bills, the Executor paid out only about $1500.00 for Medicare deductibles.) Five years later, Anointed Wife repeated her husband's end-of-life scenario. During the early part of Anointed Mother's last 12 months of life, Anointed Mother spent a couple weeks in the hospital. On discharge, instead of her two local JW Daughters taking their quickly fading Anointed Mother into one of their own homes, the two JW Daughters listened to the advice of local JW Elders with legal connections. JW Daughters took Mother back to the Mother's home, and took turns caring for her there, in order to maintain Anointed Mother's "residence" in the home. At the same time, JW Daughters "assisted" Anointed Mother to file Bankruptcy to protect Anointed Mother's Home (their "inheritance") from years and decades of accumulated debts which "Armageddon" thus far had failed to wipe out for their JW Parents. Bankruptcy was final only 3-4 months before Anointed Mother's death. JW Daughters inherited the $150,000.00 family home free and clear. Unprotected creditors and taxpayers became financially responsible for decades of poor financial decisions made by a JW Family whom had been influenced -- if not "taught" such -- by the WatchTower Cult.

Apparently, this Jehovah's Witness end-of-life "bankruptcy" strategy has been and is being taught across the United States via the WatchTower "grapevine". Notably, this end-of-life "bankruptcy" strategy also protects the homes of elderly JWs whom have named the WatchTower Society and/or their local Kingdom hall as beneficiaries in their WILLS. For those Readers who are unaware or have forgotten -- the WatchTower Cult once taught that it was okay for Jehovah's Witnesses to "Rape/Pilpher the Egyptians" (based on the Israelites' theft from the Egyptians the night that they left Egypt" ). This apparently recent phenomenon seems like a new, more recent manifestation of that old WatchTower attitude and teaching.


We recently received another report of an elderly female Jehovah's Witness Landlord, who had filed bankruptcy only a few years previously, and who continued to have "credit" problems, who recently was charged with ID Theft in regard to possessing and using an unauthorized credit card. Reportedly, a former tenant in that JW Landlord's home discovered that years after having moved from the JW Landlord's home that there was an active-but-delinquent credit card in their name being used from that former rental address. That JW Landlord is rumored to have used their "standing in the community", along with pleading "unintentional mistake", and paying off the delinquent balance, to keep from being fully prosecuted.


UNBELIEVABLE!!! After posting the above, before even signing out of this session, we ran a background check on a JW Elder who had caught our attention for another section, and he had filed bankruptcy in 2004, and had had a home foreclosure in 2010.



***************           ***************


***************           ***************

Readers specifically interested in the topic of Jehovah's Witness Honesty and Integrity should be aware that related court case are scattered throughout this website -- specifically the JW Business Owners, Managers, and Supervisors page. Readers should also refer to the 20 webpages of other types of thefts and other criminal court cases posted on the JW CHILDREN website linked from this website's Homepage.

<<<------PREVIOUS PAGE----------HOME PAGE----------NEXT PAGE ------>>>